Thursday, October 18, 2007

In the spirit of Halloween

I am such a scaredy cat. I don't know where this fear comes from, but, it can be very alarming at times. For example, when I'm going to bed at night, and I'm lying there trying to go to sleep, I may open my eyes and look at Travis. If his eyes are open and looking at me, it just freaks me out and I tell him to stop. Or, if I'm mindlessly folding laundry or drying my hair and I turn around and Travis is standing there, I scream bloody murder because I wasn't anticipating his presence. I often find myslef, frozen in fear, lying in my bed because I've heard a noise in the house. We have and old house, it creeks and moans sometimes, but I just get it in my head that someone is in the house. I don't like sitting by windows because Im afraid I will look and see someone looking in. Am I WEIRD? Does anyone else get freaked out easily? It's very unsettling, it could give me heart failure some day.

So this morning Im trying to get ready for work, I'm running around in my birthday suit trying to get me and Becca dressed and just as I turn the corner to go in the hallway, I hear my front door open! OH MY GOD!!! I'm naked, my baby is in the other room, who the hell is walking in my house at 7:30am? I start yelling HELLO, HELLO and rushing for my robe, thank goodness it was just Alicia and Geno stopping by to SURPRISE me. Ya, they surprised me alright. Don't freak this girl out. As it turned out, it was a blessing that they stopped by. Geno was barley awake, but Becca woke him right up and they watched Tellatubies together so moma could finish her hair and makeup. I'm so fortunate that my family lives within walking distance, except when your not thinking about that and they walk in on you when you least expect it! I love you guys though, thanks for stopping by.

In the spirit of Halloween, I have come to the opinion that for me, I love baby Halloween's. They are sweet, cute and candy filled. I can't take the scary scar faced villains with chain saws running around. Or the corpses and body parts lying in front yards. I just don't find that fun. However, I do have this odd fascination with Vampires. Maybe it's the whole Lost Boys crush on Keifer as a pre-teen, or that Brad Pitt played a very sexy, pouty vampire in Interview with a Vampire, I mean didn't he make you want to turn into a Vampire just because he was so kissable as one, whatever the reason, Im intrigued by these creatures. I like a good vampire movie! Not a gory one though. Old fashioned Dracula ones. Ohhhh, and witchcraft. I love Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman in Practical Magic, even the name is cute! It would be so fun to be a Witch, they make it look so fun, I mean they own a little soap shop and live in an amazingly neat house, and ride brooms, whats not to love. Aww Ha! I'm simply a traditionalist, thats why I don't like to see the gore and guck, our minds can do that for us, I like the whimsy, mystery and stories behind the holidays. That is what I will pass to Becca. That no matter how old you are, it's fun to pretend and believe in the unbelievable. Who says Santa, the Easter Bunny and Witches are fictional, not me!

No comments: