Sunday, October 14, 2007

little bit of smart ass

I love Garage Sales, good ones, not the weird ones that our neighbor lady has like every weekend, I swear, this woman just wakes up and walks around her house saying to herself, lets sell this clock with fruit on it today, oh, and maybe this old vacuum that doesn't even work, and what about this shower cap. So odd! I mean the garage sales that actually have cool stuff that you need. I love finding old chairs to refinish, or, baby stuff that is practically brand new!

So Saturday my mom, sis and I hit up the annual Scripps Ranch Garage Sale Day, and I must say, we SCORED THE MOTHER LOAD! Of course, the purpose of our outing was to find baby stuff for Becca and that seemed to be the most prevalent items available. Here are some of my finds that I'm most proud of. Keep in mind, this is only a small sampling as we filled up the back end of Grandma's Navigator!


This activity table finally keeps her occupied instead of the coffee table, totally worth the $3 bucks!


These little gems cost about $50-75 at fancy baby stores, yeah, $7 bucks!


The rest of the weekend was pretty kick back. We have this ongoing thing with my family where my mom is always asking us what we want for dinner on Sunday nights. Well, my husband has finally started catching on and will ask for something he really wants until he gets it! First it was my mom's fried chicken, he asked and he asked, until he received! Well, ever since last month, he had been asking for a Turkey. Mind you, there is always a little bit of smart ass in my husband, and he realized the slight absurdity in asking for a Turkey so close to Thanksgiving, but, he has been relentless for about 6 weeks. So last night for dinner, not only did he get a Turkey, but my mom made all the trimmings for a Thanksgiving Dinner. Man, we had a few laughs about that last night. Travis ate so much he was still uncomfortable this morning. I was a good girl seeing as Thanksgiving food isn't exactly Weight Watchers Friendly, and boy was I not prepared for all that rich food. When you haven't been eating it for a while, you body goes into shock at first. But all is good today. Hope y'all had a great weekend! Happy Monday Everyone!











1 comment:

Amber said...

You scored! Don't you love getting stuff for cheap? I feel like I'm ripping people off and it makes me happy. Good job, girl!