Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm seeing Jadeite

I have a slight obsession right now.  It's called Fire King Jadeite.  I LOVE it to the depths of my heart.  I'm very proud of myself, I won (okay, paid a good price) for my beginning set of Jadeite dishes.  There are plates, bowls, cups and saucers in this beautiful color of green, coming to my home in the near future.  So far, I only have one, lone, D-handled mug, and a pretty mixing bowl that sit proudly on a shelf near my kitchen.  But, with the arrival of my new dishes, I think a little kitchen re-do will be in order.

 These are like the dishes that I have coming.  They are referred to as "Jane Ray" Jadeite.  The ribbed pattern around the rim is what makes this set unique.  It's a little easier to find and not as high in the pocket book. 

 This sweet little cup is referred to as a "C" handle.  Why, well the handle appears to make the letter 'C'

 Someday however, I'd like to graduate towards the restaurant ware like pictured above.  The cool square shape is called 'Charm', the beaded rim on the chili and mixing bowls and overall thickness of the glass makes this collection really pretty too.  Also, more expensive!

There are some really great blogs and websites out there talking about Jadeite dishes and selling them too.  Giving the history and whereabouts of anything Fire King Jadeite related.   


Go check them out and see what you think.    

No comments: