Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Sigh Heard Round San Diego

Sorry I kept you all hanging till Tuesday. I'm sure you couldn't wait to see what fabulous events were in store at the Martinez Household this weekend. Things were fairly tame if I do say so. The highlight was our trip to Nates Butt Farm or Butts Nate Farm or Bates Nut Farm ding ding ding, thats the one! Anyways, it was a fun family outing, complete with Grandma, Grandpa and Genisha (My sister Alicia + her hubby Geno = Genisha). Becca sat on every pumpkin and found herself mesmerized by these bright orange balls EVERYWHERE! Pretty dang cute.

The rest of the weekend was spent watching football, oh yeah and we watched football and did I mention we watched football? Seriously, Thursday night some team played some team, Saturday was Texas A&M against Baylor, A&M won, thats all I know and all I care about because Travis was in a good mood, and Sunday, it was, yes you guessed it, FOOTBALL again! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!! But then it doesn't end there, we have Monday Friggen Night Football, just in case thursday, saturday and sunday weren't enough. Come to think of it, I think it was on the TV Friday flippen night too.

And then the sigh heard round San Diego. The Padres had that really important game, that if they didn't win they had to come home with their tail between their legs and not continue to the playoffs. Yeah, they LOST! It's not enough that I had to watch football all weekend, then bounce between football and baseball last night. The Padres had to go and LOOSE!

Okay, now that I have that off my chest Fall really is my favorite time of the year, but too much of something can be a bad thing, that's all.

For those of you who don't know me, I love, really really love to decorate, especially for the holidays. Im usually the first one to have things up because I want to maximize the time I have to enjoy my holiday decor. I was a little miffed to find I had been outdone. Apparently my neighbors are into decorating as well. I figured since Monday was Oct 1st, that I would put out my Halloween this past Sunday. I was thrown off track when I went outside Saturday night to find that my neighbors had beat me to the punch with their blinking bats and pumpkins. What the heck. I'm used to setting the tone for my street, not jumping on the band wagon. I will tell you this! I'm not going to be outdone at Christmas, not now, not ever!

Go buy a pumpkin, it's time!!!!! Yeah Hoooooooo.

No comments: