Tuesday, October 9, 2007

And with one knee in front of the other.

So, today is my monday, my boss gave me the day off yesterday! She was trying to decide last week whether she wanted to come in on Columbus Day, or, just make it a holiday, what the heck, RIGHT! I of course completely supported the idea and gave her a long list of Pro's, hence, I got the day off! It was a fun filled weekend. Except for the suck the moisture, looks like im wearing permanent lip liner, ashy skin, dried up sinus headache because of the Santa Ana weather, it was a beautiful weekend! Friday was a trip to the Wild Animal Park with our super Rad friends Tracey and Summerlyn. FYI, Summerlyn and Becca were born less than 24 hours apart at the same hospital, Tracey and I met in our baby class. So, it's been fun to see the girls grow together. It's also fun to swap stories between moma's. Our little peanuts do some pretty hilarious stuff that you must be a mom to think is as funny as we do. Who knew that making Zerberts, the sticking out of baby tongues and spitting baby saliva everywhere, could be so funny and cute!

Friday evening was a hit with the hubby because I made some very yummy sandwiches from my new favorite website, The Pioneer Woman Cooks, check it out, the link is to the right! I swear, Ree, the lady that is the Pioneer gal, is so dang funny, I wish I could be her friend for reals. Word of warning! If you make this recipe, do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use jalapenos in place of mild green chilies. The fire will be coming out of your ass for a week!

Saturday was a milestone in the land of Becca! She finally put two and two together and with one knee in front of the other, crawled across the family room floor! Both Daddy and I were home which is way cool! I then called Grandma and we were immediately on our way to Babies 'R' Ugh to look at gates. Can you say overload! They are $$$$ and there are alot of different ones to pick from. I chose to wait and bring the Hubby back, he's got to install the dang thing so I think he should pick his poison! That night we hung out with the Smith's and Jenning's for diner and chit chat! We were babyless too, so it was lots of fun. You never have to twist my arm to see these folks, frankly, we don't see each other enough and it's always such a great time. I think the next get together will have to be at our house! Yes girls, if your listening, im going to pick a date and hold ya to it!

Sunday was a lax day and Dinner at Claim Jumper, restaurant of MEGA SERVINGS, with Genisha and Grandma/Grandpa. Then we rolled ourselves out of the restaurant and home to sleep the night away.

Yesterday, since Grandma needed her baby fix for the day, we headed out for Target Boutique (say with a french accent always), lunch and the park. I like to exhaust Becca by pushing her in the swings and letting her crawl around in the grass. Tired babies = sleep good at night! I also hit a milestone myslef since giving birth, yes, I figured out what to make for dinner 5 consecutive nights in a row. I never once asked Trav, "what sounds good for dinner?" and then I won a friendly wager while watching the Dallas/Bills game last night! I said that the kicker for Dallas would make the field goal at the very end of the game and since he did, twice I might add, Travis has to make dinner tonight!!! So Im home free, it's not my problem bud!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Remember, it's Tuesday, one day closer to the weekend.

1 comment:

Heidi Joe said...

YAY for Becca crawling! Fun fun fun... watch out momma... she's mobile!

Are we still not talking? I left you a message on Friday I think. Hmmm... let me know. (wink.)