Thursday, September 27, 2007

Whats the DEAL?

Okay, I don't understand what is going on here. Can someone please explain this to me?

I went to get a pedicure on my lunch today. My toes have been feeling very neglected lately, so I thought they deserved a little attention. I picked out a really cute color of red, grabbed the latest People magazine (great article by Jenny McCarthy by the way!) and plopped myself down in one of those big vibrating chairs they do the pedicures in. I'm about halfway through the process, innocently reading my magazine while the woman is digging at my big toe, when one of the girls comes over to me with a baggie full of buffing pads and toe separator thingies and proceeds to ask me in very hard to understand English, if I want to BUY my own buffing pad and toe separator thingy, otherwise, they can't do that for me! WHAT?? You can't buff my feet unless I pay $5 for the buffer? Seriously, what the heck am I paying $20.00 for? Is there something wrong with my feet?

I don't understand. What happened to the good ol days when a pedi was $15, and they actually rubbed your feet. I understand inflation, overhead, business expenses ect.... but I don't think the rise in gas prices has really effected the foot buffer, toe separator thingy market! Am I the only one?

Geesh.

2 comments:

Heidi Joe said...

They are afraid that you will sue them if they give you a fungus.

So they have to give you your own tools. Which is LAME. But better than a fungus.

Let's debrief on The Office... post haste. Thanks for the add, too, by the way... (sheepishly backs away...)

Dynamo Sexy Justin said...

I have had this problem several times myself. Personally I resort to violence; I will repeatedly strike at least two employees over the head and shoulders with a blunt object until I feel I have made my position clear. At this point I politely ask that they comp me the buffing pad and use the pretty pink, glittery polish on my toe nails. Don't tell Trav, I know he already fancies me.