Monday, September 24, 2007

So Big so Fast.

I've always thought, in a perfect life, that a 3-day weekend, every weekend, would be the Best! Well, I'm here to tell you that it is the best, but, it's still not enough time to soak in my little girl. Every second of every day, there is something new to explore with her. This weekend was a perfect example. In Becca's little world, she discovered new and exciting things at every turn. Friday, mom let her taste a pickle. Now, mom was hoping for a funny puckered face accompanied by a look to kill. Instead, Becca was very much into this strange tasting thing. She proceeded to suck on this pickle until there was nothing but a gummed up rind. She was just thrilled with this new discovery and I was left wondering if she was going to have her Dad's weird childhood taste buds. I mean really, what 6 year old begs their mother for spinach!! Seriously Travis.

Saturday we continued to explore new and wonderful things. Becca didn't think to much of the hamburger bun mom tried to give her, but she thought the chubby little orange carrots were just about the neatest thing. I know this because when she gets her chubby little hands on something she likes, she looks up at me with those big brown eyes as if to say "did you see this?", and then looks back down at what she's holding and then looks back at me and we go on like this while each time she looks away, she moves the object from hand to hand in such wonderment. And I sit and stare in wonderment at her. I guess she's my chubby little carrot!

We also visited with friends we haven't seen in too long. I've noticed that Becca has become a gauge as to how long it's been since i've last seen someone. There were alot of "Oh my gosh!, she's getting so big!" comments at Brie's birthday party. (Hey, thanks for having a birthday Brie, we needed that!) It's true, she is getting big. But so are all the giggling little kids running around. I was almost brought to tears when I realized that this little boy running around, that looked so much like my friend Garon, was in fact Garon's son Wyatt. Wyatt, in my mind, was a little toddler in diapers with this cute long hair! Not anymore Marissa. He's a little man now! They grow so big so fast! We also have a new gauge with which to measure our visits with one another. Our friend Kim is pregnant and due in May. We will soon have another little bundle to adore and ogle over, but in the meanwhile we will be watching Kim's belly swell.

Finally the highlight of my long/short weekend with Becca was discovering the protruding tooth along her bottom gum line. The thought occurred to me while she was giving me one of her full contact hugs, by full contact I mean both of her little hands grasping chunks of my hair while trying to fit as much of me in her mouth as possible, she chomped down on my nose and there was a sharpness that was never there before. It then took me a day to get my inspection accomplished, as Becca doesn't really appreciate having her mouth preyed open for me to inspect, and YES Indeedy, there was a tooth pushing it's way through. Time to go strictly to bottles ladies and gentlemen!

No comments: