Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Oh Gosh, She's Four

Becca's Third Birthday
I can remember sitting......  Just sitting and sitting and sitting and waiting.  Four years ago, my life came to a halt for 4 weeks while I waited, at home, not knowing what to do.  I was going to have my first baby.  It was a little girl, that much we knew, I had finished her nursery, washed her cloths, sanitized her bottles, packed her bag, installed her car seat, and I just didn't know what else I needed to do.  I was due January 4th, but she was going to come early!  I just knew it.  I was convinced.

Dancing is her favorite
January 7th came and went and so I waited.  Boy, this wasn't happening like I thought!  I watched the Baby Story, and cried at watching other women give birth for the first time.  I would jump at any little cramp, pain, or weirdness.  This could be the day!
I can hear that giggle.
January 14th came and went, no such luck.  Man, I was DONE WAITING!  So on January 17th I headed back to the doctor.  I was 2 weeks overdue and nothing much had changed.  That was long enough.  I went home that night, stood in the middle of her sweet little room for the last time with her in my tummy.  Tomorrow I was going to the hospital and she was coming home at last!  I had no idea how this was going to change my life, but I knew it would.  The anticipation of having your first baby is something that you can't put into words.
Going to the Rodeo
Four years ago today, my life changed forever!  January 19th, 12:03am, My little girl came into the world, FINALLY!  

We gave her the prettiest name we could, Rebecca Sue.  She is everything that I could have hoped for and more.  She makes me smile everyday.  She is sweet, funny, smart, tender, loving, bossy, emotional, a lot of me, and I get her.  My life is better because of her.  She is a gift that keeps giving.
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl

No comments: