Monday, January 10, 2011

Just Needed a Reason!

I'm always sad to take down the Christmas decor.  I live for decorating for Christmas, I mean really live for it!  I start thinking about Christmas in August, seriously, about the time that I know I'm going to be pulling out my gourds and felt leaf garland.  Fall is just a precursor for me.  It's that much closer to gingerbread and holly berries.  So, yes, I'm sad to take it down.   What a girl needs is some inspiration.  I can't just put up the same old thing......boring ......

So this post is dedicated to my inspiration.  She is coming home to me in the form of club chair lovliness.  She has a little ottoman friend and a few crazy throw pillows just to liven up the party.  She is fashioned in only the best Red and White Buffalo Check money can buy!  Okay, it's what the upholsterer had to order from, buffalo check is hard to come by?  Who Knew!  Anyways, she was my christmas/birthday gift, and I can't wait to meet her!  This beautiful chair and I will become fast friends, I just know it!

I started looking for ways to accessorize around her!  What could I do to liven and change things up a bit?  Not to much though, got to keep it real!

That's when I ran across a designer that has caught my eye before.  She is quirky, cottage-y, colorful, whimiscal, fresh, British, and the list goes on.  Cath was just what my little corner of the world needed to pull things together!  These canisters are on the list, along with other fun peices, like this and this and these fabrics.  The trick.....VERY LITTLE YELLOW.  I have to stay away from that color to make my little transformation.  That's hard to do, I have alot of 'stuff' with yellow in it....  Oh, but the end result.....  it will be tremendous, so I'm up for the challenge!  The red, periwinkle, green combo is just sucking me in!  Have I mentioned that Jadite looks adorable with this combo?  Well, it does.

I've been stalking etsy for some little finds.  This adorable carved lettering looks so vintage and diner-y to me, and this refurbished hankie pillow will look splendid on above mentioned new best friend! Oooh, and this little green stool might look cute tucked up next too said best friend!  So Christmas is coming down pretty easy now, all this girl needed was a little kick in the pants to freshen things up!

I'll keep ya posted!  There are a few painting projects in store for this transformation.  Some recalimed, distressed wall art is going from Hunter Green to White, and American Flag is getting a face lift and some kitchen chairs are getting a little TLC with Red and White paint! 

So what's inspiring you right now?  Kinda fun once you get going with it!  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Heidi Joe said...

I can't wait to see it all! every time I leave your cute home I feel inspired. :)

Unknown said...

So... maybe you could come to my house and tell me what I need to do a little DIY makeover?! Bring the girls, it could be a playdate for all of us!!