Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Breathe

It's been a long week. Most everyone knows, but it's never easy talking about loosing your home. I loved my little house with the picket fence. I remember the first night Travis and I stayed in our new home together. We didn't have much furniture then, so we sat on the floor, drank a bottle of wine and celebrated being "grown up". Two years later we brought our first baby home to that house and shortly after that, we brought her sister there too. It's a house with alot of good memories. I will miss my little house with the picket fence, but life does go on!
So we took a deep breath, packed it all up and we are going to make a home in a new house.
I think we will be very happy in our new home.
This is the view from my back porch. Breathtaking! What you can't see is the fabulous yard to the right for the girls. We will spend many hours outside!
This is my cheery new kitchen! I love all the white and the pretty lemon yellow walls. I can't wait to make all kinds of goodies in this kitchen!
This room is a favorite. It's the biggest wash room ever! I'm planning my craft table right there by that window, out of which you can kind of see that wonderful yard I was talking about. There are 4 big storage cupboards too. Ohhhhh, the things I can stash in there!
Yummy! This wonderful room is our bedroom. I love the southwestiness of the fireplace. This room will be a wonderful cowgirl retreat! I can't wait to show off the finished product in here.
So things being what they are, I think we will turn a difficult time into wonderful memories. We've been given an great opportunity that is the fresh start we both need. I hope the girls will be able to fill their little heads with some of the best childhood memories in our new home!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay!! I am so glad that you guys are in this house!! I can't wait for the housewarming party and many more parties after that!!

Brigette said...

So excited for you, this is the cutest house! Your beautiful posative personality really comes out in this post, brought a tear to my eye. Love you guys,and I love that you are living even closer to me now!