Thursday, June 11, 2009

Roasted Goodness

So we've been cooking REALLY healthy lately. Were talking Lean Protein and Veggies at Dinner, that's it! So it's been a challenge to come up with craveable goodness that I look forward too on days when it's just been a "Can't we just order Rubio's Tonight?"



I offer you one of my favorites, Roasted Lime Broccoli

I feel I came upon this by accident, but, some times those accidents really work out!

Take for example the ingredients above.

One Head Broccoli
Peppercorn
Sea salt
Key Lime Avocado Oil (Essential)

Here's the dealio with that. I ran out of EVVO and just so happened to have this little gem sitting in my pantry that I hadn't cracked open yet. So I did, used it like EVVO and Viola!

Mix the cute Broccoli and 1 tbsp(or more if you like) of this oil, get it good and coated, spread out on a cookie sheet, generously season with salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes at 400.


It's Yummy, especially if it gets good and browned on the underside. The hint of lime really takes it over the top.

*If you don't have the oil, I would think EVOO and some fresh Lime Juice would do you good.*


Also my wonderful reciepe for Roasted Butternut Squash was featured on Let's Get Together and Cook! I'ts an equally yummy side dish to grilled steaks and chicken.


2 comments:

Brigette said...

OOh man that sounds yummy! Try it with cauliflower I gaurantee you will love it as well.

Jenny said...

Mmmmm sounds yummy!! i will definitely try this out! Alexis loves broccoli