Tuesday, April 8, 2008

We are entering KID territory!

There comes a point in every parents life when things like this happen. For some, it may not be until their little baby is all grown and playing some ruff and rugged sport. For other's, it will come all to soon because their child is just on the move all the time and SOMETHING is bound to happen.

What I'm talking about is that first big trip, smack, whaaaaaaa. You know the sound, you go running, thinking, will this be the big one, or, do we just need to stand up and brush ourselves off? We usually brush ourselves off, and continue on, sometimes needing a little snuggling to make it feel completely better. But not this time!!!!!

I warn you, the following hurts me everytime I look at her precious little face and the magic of camera's is still not capturing the true effects this whole 20 minutes of horror really had on us!

What had happened was I had taken out the vacume cleaner to do a little cleaning up. Becca HATES that dang thing and went running for the hills. Now she may have just tripped on her own two feet, who knows, but the next things I heard, after the crack, was her gearing up into a crying episode like no other. She also had her hands over her face which was not a good sign. I no more than picked her up, and the blood started to flow. She caught her mouth just right on the coffee table and the rest is history.

Blood was everywhere, on the floor, on me, on Dad, on the counters, on towels, on pants, and saturating Becca's little t-shirt. Not a pretty sight. We stayed calm and got the situation under control, but my baby is officially "Broken In", she is no longer brand new and she is certainly not a baby anymore. We are entering KID territory and I'm sure this is just the first of many blood and tear soaked t-shirts to come. It was a long Saturday night, and I hope she waits awhile to do something like this again. I'm Tired!
















2 comments:

Brigette said...

Poor baby, you are right about being in kid territory now. I remember swinging Wyatt up to give him a great big hug and smacking his head against a chair, resulting in a black eye! I just died, it took me about two hours to compose myself. Wait until the pain inflicted on your child is by you.

Heidi Joe said...

OH CRAP! I would have died. I would have turned in my mom card. I'm too fragile for that stuff.

Nope. Still not ready!