Monday, December 10, 2007

Well, we did it again!

Well, we did it again. The Christmas Tea at my mom's house, that we have every year, has come and gone. Last night we filled the house with yummy smells, turned on our Christmas music and opened the doors to our wonderful friends and family. What a turn out! Over 30 ladies this year. My Mom decorated every nook and cranny, as usual, including all the outside nooks! This year we had some friends come over and lead the girls in Christmas Carols outside by the fire! That was a really fun change this year! We made the BEST hot coca. Actually, it's called drinking chocolate, and for good reason. This was the creamiest, most chocolaty, melt in your mouth goodness that I have ever let pass my gums. Crazy good stuff. We also made the most precious little red velvet cupcakes with mounds of white icing and dusting sugar. They were so pretty.

I was also so thankful to have my Aunt Paula come out to help us. Getting ready for the Tea has a few challenges in that we are so busy getting ready. She really helped keep us on track and she never FREAKED out as we were working. She kept it calm and pulled together. I think this year would have been hard without her helping hand.

Most of all, I love to see the faces of all my friends as they arrive and look around in amazement. My parents really put their hearts on the line with stuff like this. They really want people to feel what they feel about their home and it's so neat to see the childlike joy on everyone's faces. It really gives you a sense of accomplishment. I hope we continue to have the energy to do this for years to come. It may have to morph into something easier, but the spirit will still be there and I think that is the most important part.

Thanks to everyone for making it a memorable night. It's worth the hard work!

No comments: