Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Call Me Crazy {I don't Care}

I know we are ending the month of July, so call me a little coo co, but I'm SOOOO looking forward to the Holidays, especially Christmas!  I've been thinking about it all day, and I've been peaking at past blog posts from other bloggers to get some idea's and inspiration.  

Here's the thing......I know that this time of year will sneak the freak up on me if I don't watch out!  I want to SOAK UP my girls this year!  They are a magical age, and I don't want to be bogged down with the details of the season.  However, I still want things to be missie-fied.  So, I'm just trying to think now....that's all....is that CRAZY?

I love having something handmade, or with at least handmade touches to give as gifts and decorate my house with.  The problem is, Thanksgiving weekend is NOT the time to try and make some of these handmade beauties.    I think this is something that I need to start thinking about NOW=)  

Look at these cute idea's for something simple and sweet!

Yarn Ball Wreaths!  I'm completely inspired for my decor with this look!  Incorporating some snow flakes and some winter white, and for my own personal taste, I'd take away the gray...?  Yeah!  No Gray!

I have a pair of black skate sitting in my garage that most definitely NEED to be painted red with white polka dots!  Oh yeah.....I have visions.

 
This looked like fun and would be an easy quick project to go along with the snowflake idea!  Mine would have red and white buffalo check, with the white ribbon and buttons to hold all my cards from family and friends!  So pretty!

 
I loved this as a gift idea.  I see tea cup saucers at thrift stores and antique stores all the time, missing their 'cup'.  You can usually get them pretty cheap, and those cookies just look so inviting sitting there all wrapped up!  Great little teacher, friend, co-worker type gift....  Hummm.
 This is just a cute idea all the way around.  If it was big enough, I would display my favorite village house and then put a dome over it in the middle of my kitchen table.  

 Just throwing this in, they look GOOD!

 These are TEA TOWELS!!!!!!!  Hello, EASY, Gah!

I love the tree next to the kitchen.  Just thinking I need to do this....
Another simple idea with the glass dome thing...
 Covered Button Wreath.  It is just cute cute cute. 

So yeah, I'm just dreaming about sugar plums.  That's all.  The fun part about finding all these pretties is all the blogs that they are attached too!  I found some really great ones.  Browse through my blog roll, or click on some of the pictures to be taken there!  It's all in good fun.

1 comment:

lklomicka said...

I will call you crazy for wishing winter to come! It didn't leave us until MAY!! I would like to try to enjoy this horribly hot weather for a little while longer before the white stuff arrives again. P.S. I may steal the yarn ball wreath idea!!
Lisa