Monday, April 20, 2009

We Traveled a Friggen Far.....


Whew! What a weekend! It was so sun shinny! I'm glad to see that my order for "not to hot, not to cold" was met. We
stayed in Point Loma for Grandma's Big Birthday. There was a perfect little park for flying kites, playing soccer and just plain soaking up the sun. And thats exactly what we did. Becca LOVED flying her kite. She was fascinated with that thing up in the air. It was pretty funny when she would let go of the little string and see her daddy go running for dear life! I mean, come on, his little girls kite couldn't end up in the water.

Grandma enjoyed having ALL her kids in one place with all their kids. It was just what we all needed. Not to mention that inland North County, i.e. Escondido, was as hot He** while we were gone. Dog gone wacky weather, seriously, it's like 300 degrees today! I'm not made to sweat like this. It's stinky, gross and stinky.

I guess it's a good thing I have the best Air Conditioning ever!

Our whirlwind of a weekend started on Friday with a very long car ride to Yucca Valley. To try and explain this, think of having to drive to the ends of the earth, and then, you have to climb over one last hill to get to your destination. You see, Morengo Valley was the ends of the earth, off the 10, heading out towards 29 palms. Well, Mornego Valley was the ends of the earth. Even the green succulents were a shade of tan. It was all a shade of tan. All hot and bumpy and tan....BLAH So, then, off in the distance, further down the road is a Long A** Hill. Dang if we didn't have to drive up it to get to Yucca Valley on the other side!

There is a point to this......

In Yucca Valley there is a place called Yucca Valley Ford. At this point, all I knew is that there better be some kind of civilization over that hill, past the end of the earth. Target, Walmart, SOMETHING! You see, Travis has been hunting, because that's what he does. He's been hunting for a new car for his sweetie. And, he found the deal of the century, but we were going to have to take a little drive. The beginning of the Trek was good, but at this point I was starting to have my doubts. But, there, in the gleam of the hot desert sun was my new baby.


I haven't named her. She sure is purty though. She has power windows and the fan works at 1 & 2. I love her. She completes me.

The trip was worth it. I'm glad we traveled past the ends of the earth for her.

3 comments:

Heidi Joe said...

Raddddd!! Congrats on your new ride!

Too bad you didn't stop over off the 15 somewhere... "member...there's like a RED ROBIN there... member... see, there's the mall... member?" Ah, memories.

Sad to say I will miss your big black car, but this new one looks rather Zippy, indeed.

Jenny said...

Very snazzy!! I love it! Congrats!!

Brigette said...

Congratulations!!!!! Now that is more like you, cute, sporty, shiny. Not that you look like a car or anything. I meant really really cute!!!!!