Thursday, May 15, 2008

So............


Becca playing outside last time it was friggen hot!


We are gearing up for another couple of pretty hot days here in San Diego. You know, I just want to clarify to those of you who don't live out this way, when they tell you it's 77 and sunny in San Diego, they are talking about the airport, which is right on the bay. We, in Escondido, live no where near the bay. We live in what is referred to as the Inland Valley, and guess what folks, it gets pretty stikin hot out in our parts. So, I'm talking hot, like 99 degrees hot.

With that said, I think it's safe to say that the house will be set at a comfortable 74 all weekend while Becca and Very Pregnant Mommy stay cool indoors. However, since I have a water baby, maybe Becca and I will go dip our toes in the family pool. Whichever, we will just be staying cool!

Oh yeah, I'm about 3 weeks out from going in and havin this kid=) She has been such a good girl and this pregnancy has FLOWN by. These last few weeks are starting to slow down, Mom is getting more and more uncomfortable, but, we press on! I'm still keeping the name on the fence, I just can't decide, but, I promise I will name this little one very soon. I still have like 3 weeks, OK!

There is still lots to do around the house. How is that possible you ask. I've known for 9 months she's coming, right! Well, it never fails to happen and here we are, less than a month away, and a laundry list of to do's. My only saving grace right now is having a Grandma that gave me a house cleaner once a month as a gift. Can I tell you what a blessing that is, to not have to scrub my bathroom floors right now. It makes cleaning out the closet in the baby's room seem like a doable thing! Whoot Whoot to Grandma!

So that's the agenda right now. Ooooo, and maybe, just maybe, if the stars aline, the moon is full and all is right with the universe, I can go get a pedicure for my tired aching feet! Awwww yes, the sweet smell of polish remover and gentle breeze lotion fills my nostrils. That's what I will day dream about today!

2 comments:

Nicky said...

I know what you mean about the heat when I got in my car today after work my thermostat said 108, yikes! It's the first time this season that it has reach over a 100 here. I am so excited to meet your new little girl. Good luck and huggs and kisses to all.

Brigette said...

Totally agree, what a hot place to live. Took Wyatt to my moms pool and I think he has heat or sun sickness, just keeps dry heaving. What a bad mom I am, when he wanted to stay out in the sun playing in the water I just let him. Sunscreen but no hat or shade time, I am awful!!! Becca is a dream boat, I can't wait for Becca and Wyatt to play, maybe they will get married one day, I think he likes em young!